Calculus Credit By Examination
The web page is www.math.wisc.edu/calculusexam.
The Mathematics department offers exams to students who want to earn credit for Math 221 or/and Math 222.
These exams are intended primarily for freshmen who have taken substantial calculus courses in high school, or for transfer students who did not get transfer credits for a calculus course taken at another institution, and who desire to establish college credits for Math 221 or/and Math 222.
The exams are not intended for students who dropped or failed Math 221/222 at UW-Madison, or for exchange or special students. Students who have been, or will be granted calculus advanced placement credit by other means do not need to take these exams.
The exams will only be offered one time in spring 2015.
- Date/Time: Wednesday, January 21, 2015, 7:00 pm.
(Up to 2 hours are allowed to complete each exam)
- Room: B239 Van Vleck
- Registration: Students must register in order to take the exam. The registration deadline is 3:00 pm on January 20, 2015. To register visit the registration page.
- Identification: Students must present their University Photo ID at the time of the exam.
- More information: Diane Rivard, Math Placement Adviser, (email@example.com), 262-2882, 720 Van Vleck.
Before the exam
Students who plan to take the exam will already have studied all the topics that may appear on the exam. The following resources may help in reviewing before the exam:
- Math 221 list of topics
- Math 222 list of topics
- Calculus Pages
- A collection of old math 221 and 222 exams administered by the math department is maintained by the math library at http://math.library.wisc.edu/reserve
After the exam
- Passing Scores: A student needs to get at least 75% on the exam to get credit for the course.
- Exam Results: Results will be sent to the student’s official @wisc.edu address by Monday, January 26, 2015.