Placement Test Retake
MATHEMATICS PLACEMENT TEST RETAKE
Be sure you have adequately reviewed your math skills so you will do well on the placement test. You only get ONE chance to retake the test, and your most recent results will be used for placement. Students need to get authorization from the math consultant for all retakes. During SOAR, students should see the math consultant. During the academic year, an email should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
FORGOTTEN ALGEBRA, by Barbara Lee Bleau, Publisher: Barron's Educational Series
For placement into: 112 College Algebra
114 College Algebra and Trigonometry Combined
171 Topics in Pre-Calculus
www.math.com for Information on Studying for the Classes Listed Below:
For placement into: 113 Trigonometry
221 Calculus and Analytic Geometry
MyMathTest Review Program
If you wish to use to the review program you need an access code. Please contact the math consultant at SOAR or email email@example.com for one.
Information and Schedule for the Placement Retake:
- For information, go to www.testing.wisc.edu (Testing and Evaluation website).
- The exam is free and there is no need to register.
- The schedule is posted at: http://testing.wisc.edu/residualplacementtestingschedule.html.
- You can also call them at (608) 262-5863 if you need special arrangement.
Note that retakes cannot be scheduled during the Regional Testing Days and must be taken on the Madison campus.
- The test lasts 1 hour 20 minutes. Please come to the testing office 10 minutes prior to the scheduled time.
- A non-graphing calculator is allowed.
- Your scores should be posted in the Student Center under Academics within one week.
The Mathematics Department runs a registration help desk during the first two weeks of each semester. After getting your new scores, if you have trouble registering or finding an open section, please stop by room 307 Van Vleck.
Contact Diane Rivard, Math Placement Adviser, firstname.lastname@example.org, 720 Van Vleck, 262-2882.