For students in the actuarial sciences or with an interest in it.
Although cross listed with mathematics, this course is usually taught by faculty in the business school. Please contact the business school for more information.
- Series and sums, differentiation
- The measurement of interest: simple and compound interest, present value and discounting, forces of interest and discounting
- Solution of problems in interest
- Annuities: annuities due and immediate
- Yield rates: cash flow analysis, reinvestment, methods of calculating yield rates
- Amortization schedules and sinking funds
- Bonds and other securities
- Practical applications