Computer Science, applied math majors and math majors with emphasis in Comp. Sci. Graduate students in related areas.
This course is taught by the Computer Science department and it is meant to give undergraduates an introduction to numerical methods in linear algebra.
- Direct and iterative solution of linear and nonlinear systems and of eigenproblems
- LU and symmetric LU factorization
- Complexity, stability, and conditioning
- Nonlinear systems
- Iterative methods for linear systems
- Qr-factorization and least squares
- Eigenproblems: local and global methods