Computer Science, applied math majors and math majors with emphasis in Comp. Sci. Graduate students in related areas.
Polynomial forms, divided differences. Polynomial interpolation. Polynomial approximation: uniform approximation and Chebyshev polynomials, least-squares approximation and orthogonal polynomials. Numerical differentiation and integration. Splines, B-splines and spline approximation. Numerical methods for solving initial and boundary value problems for ordinary differential equations.
- Polynomial forms, divided differences
- Polynomial interpolation, Polynomial approximation:
- Uniform approximation
- Chebyshev polynomials
- Least-squares approximations
- Orthogonal polynomials
- Numerical differentiation and integration
- Splines, B-splines and spline approximation
- Numerical methods for solving initial and boundary value problems for ODEs