Computer Science, applied math majors and math majors with emphasis in Comp. Sci. Graduate students in related areas.
The goal of this course is to provide graduate students and advanced undergraduate students with an introduction to Numerical analysis, or numerical approaches to calculus.
- Polynomial forms, divided differences
- Polynomial interpolation, Polynomial approximation:
- Uniform approximation
- Chebyshev polynomials
- Least-squares approximations
- Orthogonal polynomials
- Numerical differentiation and integration
- Splines, B-splines and spline approximation
- Numerical methods for solving initial and boundary value problems for ODEs