For students planning to graduate this Summer 2017 semester, follow the steps below. [If you do not plan to attend commencement or are graduating in Summer, skip steps 3 & 6.]
- Indicate your intent to graduate (no deadline)– You will indicate your intent to graduate through your Student Center. Visit the Student Center’s instruction page or watch the demo.
- Inform the department that you are leaving the program by completing the Departure Form.
- (only if you plan to attend commencement) Rent your cap and gown (by Thursday, April 6) – More information on ordering you cap and gown are available here. If you do not order by April 6, you can still obtain one but you will have to pay more.
- Request your warrant (4 weeks ahead or by Friday, August 4) – Forms are available outside my office (203 VV) and online. Once it has been completely filled out and signed by your advisor, return it to me in person or in my mailbox.
- (PhDs only) Follow the Graduate School’s Guide to Preparing Your Doctoral Dissertation. The degree deadline is 11:59 PM CST Friday, August 25.
- (optional) Attend commencement (Masters-Saturday, May 13 or PhD-Friday, May 12). More information here: https://commencement.wisc.edu/information-for-graduates/
- Complete the Checklist for Graduate Students Before Leaving Campus.
- Add/update address for diploma mailing. International students must provide a diploma address in order for your diploma to be mailed. Domestic students need to provide a diploma address if you want your diploma mailed to an address different than your home address. Tutorial