For students planning to graduate this Fall 2017 semester, follow the steps below. [If you do not plan to attend commencement or are graduating in Summer, skip steps 3 & 6.]
- Indicate your intent to graduate (no deadline)– You will indicate your intent to graduate through your Student Center. Visit the Student Center’s instruction page or watch the demo.
- Inform the department that you are leaving the program by completing the Departure Form.
- (only if you plan to attend commencement) Rent your cap and gown (by Friday, November 10) – More information on ordering you cap and gown are available here. If you do not order by November 10, you can still obtain one but you will have to pay more.
- Request your warrant (4 weeks ahead or by Friday, December 1) – Forms are available outside my office (203 VV) and online. Once it has been completely filled out and signed by your advisor, return it to me in person or in my mailbox.
- (PhDs only) Follow the Graduate School’s Guide to Preparing Your Doctoral Dissertation. The degree deadline is 11:59 PM CST Sunday, December 24.
- (optional) Attend commencement (Sunday, December 17). More information here: https://commencement.wisc.edu/information-for-graduates/
- Complete the Checklist for Graduate Students Before Leaving Campus.
- Add/update address for diploma mailing. International students must provide a diploma address in order for your diploma to be mailed. Domestic students need to provide a diploma address if you want your diploma mailed to an address different than your home address. Tutorial