This year, as is usually the case, there are a number of
visiting faculty who are both teaching and collaborating in
research with members of our faculty.
Fall Semester Teaching Visitors
- Zelijko Cuckovic from the University of Toldeo; functional
analysis, complex analysis, harmonic analysis.
- Harvey Friedman from Ohio State University; mathematical
- Miroljub Jevtic from the University of Belgrade
(Yugoslavia); complex analysis and harmonic analysis.
- Andrei Kelarev from the University of Tasmania (Australia);
ring theory and algebras.
- An-Min Li from Sichuan University (China); differential
- Andrei Morozov from the Sobolev Institute of Mathematics
(Russia); mathematical logic.
- Gabriel Navarro from the Universitat de Valencia; group
theory and algebra.
- Edwin Perkins from the University of British Columbia
- Jean-Philippe Rolin from the University of Bourgogne
(France); mathematical logic.
- Otmar Spinas from the University of Kiel (Germany); set
Professors Friedman, Morozov, Rolin, and Spinas lectured to
graduate students in logic at different times throughout the
Spring Semester Teaching Visitors
Professors Cuckovic, Navarro, and Perkins are also teaching in the
- Alberto Elduque from the Universidad de Zaragoza (Spain);
Lie algebras and symmetric spaces.
- Lorenzo Pareschi from the University of Ferrara (Italy);
numerical methods for partial differential equations.
- Long-an Ying from Peking University (China); numerical
analysis and partial differential equations.
- Greg Lee from the University of Alberta (Canada);