Honors, Awards and Fellowships:
Sigma Xi Young Faculty Award, Georgia Tech, 1997
Feng Kang Prize for Scientific Computing, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2001
- The Ministry of Education of China Changjiang Visiting Chair Professor, 2001--2006,
Tsinghua University, China
Distinguished Overseas Young Scientist Award , National Science
Foundation of China, 2002-2005.
Van Vleck Distinguished Research Prize, Department of Mathematics,
University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2007-2011.
Morningside Silver Medal of Mathematics, Fourth International Congress of Chinese Mathematicians, Dec. 2007.
- Copernicus Visiting Scientist,, University of Ferrara, Italy, June 2010
Vilas Associate Award,, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2010-2012
- Supervised a National Excellent Doctoral Thesis of China (honorable mention), Ministry of Education of China, 2012
- Inaugural class of
Fellow of the American Mathematical Society (AMS Fellow), 2012.
- Fellow of the Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM Fellow), 2013.
- Vilas Distinguished Achievement Professorship, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2015.
- Nelder Visiting Fellow, Imperial College, London, UK, 2018.
- Invited Speaker, International Congress of Mathematicians (ICM) , Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 2018.
- (Inaugural) Best Article Award , Research in the Mathematical Sciences, Springer, 2019.
- The Jean-Morlet Chair, CIRM,