Math 234 - Kent
Math 234 - Multivariable Calculus
The following is an approximate list of topics covered in the course.
Topics might change along the semester and it is the responsibility
of the student to keep track of any updates.
- Vector functions and space curves, velocity and acceleration.
- Arc length and curvature, normal and binormal.
- Motion in space, planetary motion.
- Partial derivatives.
- Tangent planes and normals.
- Linear approximation.
- Gradient and total differential.
- Local and absolute extrema.
- Lagrange multipliers.
- Higher derivatives, exact differentials.
- Double and iterated integrals, including polar coordinates.
- Applications of double integrals.
- Triple and iterated integrals, including cylindrical and spherical coordinates.
- Applications of triple integrals, volume and surface areas.
- Vector fields, surface integrals and line integrals.
- Flux, Green's theorem.
- Divergence Theorem, Stokes' theorem.