This course is intended for honors students and it is open to freshmen.
Topics in second semester calculus. Enroll Info: This is the second semester of the calculus honors sequence.
- Examples of proofs: direct deduction, proof by contradiction, proof by mathematical induction
- Applications: binomial coefficients, arithmetical progressions, some inequalities
- Sequences and series
- Polynomial approximation: Taylor polynomials, applications to indeterminate forms and de l'Hopital's rule, infinite limits
- Sequences and series of functions: uniform convergence, power series, Taylor series, convergence of special series
- Introduction to differential equations