The Math 132, 171, 221, 222, and 234 courses do not use a published textbook.
Math 171 uses another textbook in addition to the calculus course notes.
- Precalculus by Axler (available at UW Bookstore)
- UW-Calculus notes
The instructors of these courses have assembled a course packet for each of these classes.
- Math 132: $5
- Math 171/217: $17 (Same as Math 221 Notes)
- Math 221: $17
- Math 222: $15
- Math 234: $17
These course packets are for sale through the Math Department, and we've established several methods for payment.
- You can pay online through an online Cashnet portal.
If you use the Cashnet portal, you must print out your receipt and bring it with you.
- You can pay with your WiscCard, Mastercard or Visa at Van Vleck Hall during the week before and the week after school begins.
- You can pay with a personal check, as long as you have ID.
- You may NOT pay in cash.
All pickups will start on Wednesday January 11, 2017 (see times/locations below)
If you paid online, you need to bring your email receipt, printed out.
If you haven't purchased online, you need to follow the hours below.
All sale hours are 8am-4pm
- January 11th – January 13th : 2nd Floor Reception, Van Vleck Hall. 8am - 4pm
- January 17th – January 20th : B227 Van Vleck Hall. 8am - 4pm
- January 23rd and the remainder of the Spring semester: 2nd Floor Reception, Van Vleck Hall. 8am - 4pm