For students planning to graduate this Spring 2020 semester, follow the steps below. [If you do not plan to attend commencement or are graduating in Summer, skip steps 3 & 6.]
- Indicate your intent to graduate (by Friday, April 3)– You will indicate your intent to graduate through your Student Center. Visit the Student Center’s instruction page.
- Inform the department that you are leaving the program by completing the Departure Form.
- (only if you plan to attend commencement) Rent your cap and gown (by Friday, April 3) – More information on ordering you cap and gown are available here.
- Request your warrant (4 weeks ahead or by Friday, April 17) – Forms are available outside the Grad Coordinator's office (203 VV) and online. Once it has been completely filled out and signed by your advisor, return it in person or in my mailbox.
- Follow the Graduate School’s Guides for Completing Degrees:
Doctoral degree deadline is 11:59 PM CST Sunday, May 10.
Master's degree deadline is Friday, May 8.
- (optional) Attend commencement (PhD-Friday, May 8 or MA-Saturday, May 9). More information here: https://commencement.wisc.edu/information-for-graduates/spring-ceremony/
- Complete the Checklist for Graduate Students Before Leaving Campus.
- Add/update address for diploma mailing. International students must provide a diploma address in order for your diploma to be mailed. Domestic students need to provide a diploma address if you want your diploma mailed to an address different than your home address. Tutorial
- (optional) If you need documentation of your degree before you receive your diploma, request a Degree Completion Letter. Be sure to follow the instructions for graduate students.