to reach all IT staff: email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sara Nagreen: email@example.com
John Heim: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 608-692-8726
Henry Mayes: email@example.com, phone 619-436-8233
Help! My technology isn't working!
There are substantial delays in Kaltura's ability to process uploaded video. Campus asks for the following:
- The Lead for Kaltura at DoIT, is recommending that faculty use Kaltura ONLY for recordings that truly require capturing what’s on the screen, and that recordings be very limited in length (5-10 min videos).
- The workaround: DoIT’s suggestion is that voiceovers (slides + voice) be done via PowerPoint/Key Note, exported as an mp4, and uploaded or shared via Canvas.
Here's some statuses for various online tools associated with Canvas and online communications.
- Kaltura Status: https://status.kaltura.com/
- Blackboard Collaborate Status: http://status.blackboard.com/
- Webex Status: https://status.webex.com/service/status?lang=en_US
- Current Lists Delay for Delivery: https://kb.wisc.edu/wisclist/
Where to request a piece of equipment/supply (UW netid authenticated)
KB for Canvas and other things: https://kb.wisc.edu
Something not working? Check the outages page: http://outages.doit.wisc.edu/