Thank you for your interest in applying for the VISP 3+1+1 program: Mathematics track.
Math Background Requirements
Applicants to this Thematic Track must have completed at least two of the following classes:
- Linear Algebra (Math 341 or equiv.)
- Analysis I (Math 521 or equiv.)
- Modern Algebra I (Math 541 or equiv.)
- Elementary Topology (Math 551 or equiv.)
English Language Proficiency Requirements
Non-native speakers of English and those who have not recently studied at a university where English was the language of instruction must provide language proficiency test scores showing scores at or equal to the following:
Students must be in good academic standing with a minimum grade point average (GPA) equivalent at home university of a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or an 80 on a 100 scale. View this international grade conversion guide and contact us if you have any questions.
The application is a two-step process. First, you need to submit your initial applications to the Math Department to be admitted, then you will be recommended to the VISP office to complete your admission. Please see detailed instructions on the application process and materials below:
Step 1: Submit your application to your home university coordinator
Deadline: Marth 15, 2021
- Personal Statement: Tell us about yourself. Why are you interested in this program? What is your research areas of interest if you have one?
- Resume/CV: List all the Math courses you have taken, Math books you have read, or any Math projects you were involved in.
- Official or unofficial university transcripts
- English proficiency exam scores (TOEFL/TOEIC/IELTS/iTEP/Duolingo).
You will be notified once you have been admitted to the Math department, and then you will receive an email with instructions to submit additional materials to the VISP office.
Step 2: Submit your application to VISP
- Official university transcripts. You don't need to submit your official transcript to the VISP office if you have already provided it to the Math department.
- Passport information page
- Financial support documents
- English proficiency exam scores (TOEFL/TOEIC/IELTS/iTEP/Duolingo). You don't need to submit the scores to the VISP office if you have already provided it to the Math department.
Please email the Program Coordinator Xin Cui-Dowling at email@example.com if you have any questions.