- Equipment requirements for students (5/8/2020):
- Honorlock FAQ: https://go.wisc.edu/64pj19
Math Department Produced Content
Where to get IT Help: https://www.math.wisc.edu/it-help
- Find lost assignment on Webassign
- Mac Mirroring of your iPad
- PC Mirroring of your Samsung
- Canvas Tip Sheet: This was created to give you the minimum to get started in Canvas.
- How to make a video with your iPad and then post it to Canvas using Kaltura
- What should you have at home to be able to teach?
- From Zero to Canvas: 3/11/2020 presentation on creating lecture content for Canvas.
- What the TAs are learning about Virtual Discussion Sections: from the 3/12/2020 presentation. This has detailed information about how a large discussion could be used in Group Mode.
- How to find your recorded video in BB Collaborate: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lWxMYeH30nU5-ypBinato3kdu30i3hOp/view?usp=sharing
- Math Department Canvas Sandbox: https://canvas.wisc.edu/courses/194677
- How to enable Piazza: This is probably the easiest, quickest, most useful thing to do.
- Instruction Continuity: The official UW page on what to do during this time.
- Using BB Collaborate Ultra for tutoring: A YouTube video created by Bob Wiedenhoft, setup on MyUW.
- Canvas for Non-Credit Courses: We can open additional Canvas courses even if there isn't a course associated with them.
- Webinars for Remote Readiness: https://go.wisc.edu/remotereadiness
- UWEX COVID-19 site: https://media.uwex.edu/keepteaching/
- Math Department COVID-19 site: https://www.math.wisc.edu/covid-19-info
- Math Department COVID-19 TA site: https://www.math.wisc.edu/covid-19-ta-info
Outside the UW Content
- The following article in the Chronicle of Higher Ed collects some suggestions and resources. Note that not all the listed tools are available to us (or supported by campus), but the article does have some useful advice about how to plan ahead, and how to deliver content online.
- Educause resources for COVID-19: https://library.educause.edu/topics/information-technology-management-and-leadership/covid19
Publishers pledging access to free content
- Cengage (parent company of WebAssign): https://www.cengage.com/covid-19-support/
- McGraw-Hill Connect®.
- Pearson: LMS help for instructors
- J.F.Wiley: Instructors teaching at impacted institutions looking to provide continuity of learning can request access to WileyPLUS or Knewton Alta by simply completing this request form
Other free offers for helping ease online instruction
Public Safety Commission: Emergency online resources. https://psc.wi.gov/Pages/Programs/BroadbandEmergencyInternetResources.aspx
Charter Communications, Spectrum’s parent company, announced Friday that beginning March 16, it will make its services available for free for 60 days to households with K-12 and/or college students who don’t already have internet through the company.