Mathlab is a free, drop-in tutorial program through the Department of Mathematics. It is primarily staffed by Math Department teaching assistants. Mathlab is open both in the fall and spring semesters of each academic year, but is closed during the summer sessions. The courses Mathlab covers are MATH 96, 112, 113, 114, 171, 211, 213, 217, 221, 222, 234, and 240.
Students work on problems together with others taking the same course with the help of the Mathlab staff. Students wishing to attend Mathlab will find that attempting the problem beforehand will help them learn more effectively.
Students with more extensive questions should see their instructor. Students wanting regular help outside class may also wish to ask their instructor about the Tutorial Program.
See the box below for the schedule of times tutoring is offered for each course.
Supervisor:Leah Rineck (email@example.com)
IMPORTANT NOTE WHILE FACE-TO-FACE INSTRUCTION IS SUSPENDED
Mathlab will be available online for the Spring 2021 semester through the Canvas Mathlab site. This course has enabled open enrollment. You can self-enroll here: https://canvas.wisc.edu/enroll/6DFTTP. NOTE: If you previously enrolled in the Canvas site you will need to re-enroll for the current semester.
- Alternatively, you can sign up at https://canvas.wisc.edu/register and use the following join code: 6DFTTP
Once in the Canvas Mathlab site:
- Click on BBCollaborate Ultra on the left side bar. You will see the Mathlab course room icon at the top of the list of sessions.
- Click and join.
The fall back option is Piazza, if this does not work.
Mahtlab tutoring in this format will start on January 31 through April 29, 2021.
1. Tell us which Math course you are asking about.
2. Bring your text book, so that we can see the assigned problem.
3. Think about the problem already before you come.