Students who do not have college transfer credits or college credits in mathematics and want to take math classes need to take the math placement test.
Students who took their last math course over a year ago are strongly encouraged to take the math placement exam on an advisory basis, even if they are not required to. Placement based on their past work alone is often inaccurate.
- all retakes need to be authorized by the math consultant
- information about the placement test is posted at http://testing.wisc.edu/placementtesting.html
- the retake schedule is posted at https://exams.wisc.edu/placement/uw-madison-schedule.php
- students should study before retaking the test. Only one retake is allowed.
- in the meantime, students should register for the lower level math course into which they have placed
NO EXCEPTION WILL BE MADE CONCERNING PLACEMENT. A STUDENT WHO IS NOT SATISFIED WITH HIS/HER PLACEMENT SCORES SHOULD CONSIDER A RETEST.