The UW-Madison Department of Mathematics is willing to reevaluate math transfer courses. Before submitting the Math Transfer Credit Reevaluation Request Form, please read through the following information:
- The Office of Admissions initially evaluates transfer courses.
- If the course did not transfer, there are a few possible causes: course is not equivalent to any of the courses offered at UW-Madison, student did not submit a detailed syllabus, course did not cover most of the material required, etc. See course descriptions at http://guide.wisc.edu/courses/math/.
- When appealing course transfer evaluations to the Math Department by submitting the Math Transfer Credit Reevaluation Form below, you will need to have the following information available for submission:
- Name of the institution, course number
- A complete syllabus from the semester in which the course was taken, including the name of the institution and course number, a list of topics covered, and the name of the textbook used with chapters covered. If the original syllabus was not written in English, you should not translate the syllabus to English yourself.
- Course website (if available)
The Math Department will review the syllabus. If the content is approved by the Math Department as being equivalent to a current math course, a reevaluation recommendation will be made to the Office of Admissions. The Office of Admissions makes the final decision on whether a course will transfer in as recommended by the Math Department. In this way, a reevaluation does not guarantee that you will receive credit for an equivalent UW-Madison math course. Someone from the Math Department will reach out to you after the reevaluation with next steps and/or alternative suggestions.
Math Transfer Credit Reevaluation Request Form
After reading through the above information, please fill out the Math Transfer Credit Reevaluation Request Form.
(You must login with your @wisc.edu email address to access the form. You may do so here: https://it.wisc.edu/services/google-apps/.) Note that reevaluations may take some time, so your patience is appreciated.
If you are at SOAR, see the Math Consultant for any questions. If your SOAR appointment has already concluded, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.