Mathlab is a free, drop-in tutorial program through the Department of Mathematics. It is primarily staffed by Math Department teaching assistants. Mathlab is open both in the fall and spring semesters of each academic year, but is closed during the summer sessions. The courses Mathlab covers are MATH 96, 112, 113, 114, 171, 211, 213, 217, 221, 222, 234, and 240.
Students work on problems together with others taking the same course with the help of the Mathlab staff. Students wishing to attend Mathlab will find that attempting the problem beforehand will help them learn more effectively.
Students with more extensive questions should see their instructor. Students wanting regular help outside class may also wish to ask their instructor about the Tutorial Program (see below).
Supervisor: Leah Rineck (email@example.com)
IMPORTANT NOTE MATHLAB SERVICES WILL REMAIN VIRTUAL FOR SPRING 2021
Drop-in Tutoring is available for Math 96, 112, 113, 114, 171, 211, 213, 217, 221, 222, 234 and 240.
- Tutors provide help on specific problems. If the student is in need of in depth help the Tutoring Center may be a better option
- Tutoring center is open M-R noon – 8:30 pm, Friday noon - 5pm and Sunday 3:30 – 8:30 pm
- Students can self-enroll in the course here https://canvas.wisc.edu/enroll/6DFTTP.
- Alternatively, you can sign up at https://canvas.wisc.edu/register and use the following join code: 6DFTTP
Once in the Canvas Mathlab site:
- Click on BBCollaborate Ultra on the left side bar. You will see rooms for Algebra lab, Pre-Calculus lab, Calculus lab, and Math 240 Help. Pick the most appropriate and a tutor will be there to help you.
- You can also click the schedule on the home page and there will be direct links to each of the BBCollaborate sessions.
Additionally, you can write a question in Piazza and a tutor will answer during open tutoring hours..
Mahtlab tutoring will be open starting January 31 through April 29, 2021.
Mathlab hours are Monday through Thursday noon – 8:30 pm, Friday noon - 5pm and Sunday 3:30 – 8:30 pm.