Mathlab is a free, drop-in tutorial program through the Department of Mathematics. It is primarily staffed by Math Department teaching assistants. Mathlab is open both in the fall and spring semesters of each academic year, but is closed during the summer sessions. The courses Mathlab covers are MATH 96, 112, 113, 114, 141, 171, 211, 213, 217, 221, 222, 234, and 240.
Students work on problems together with others taking the same course with the help of the Mathlab staff. Students wishing to attend Mathlab will find that attempting the problem beforehand will help them learn more effectively.
Students with more extensive questions should see their instructor. Students wanting regular help outside class may also wish to ask their instructor about the Tutorial Program (see below).
Supervisor: Leah Rineck (firstname.lastname@example.org)
IMPORTANT NOTE MATHLAB SERVICES WILL REMAIN VIRTUAL FOR FALL 2020
Drop-in Tutoring is available for Math 96, 112, 113, 114, 171, 211, 213, 217, 221, 222, 234 and 240.
- Tutors provide help on specific problems. If the student is in need of in depth help the Tutoring Center may be a better option
- Tutoring center is open M-R 3:30 – 8:30 pm and Sunday 3:30 – 6:50 pm
- Students can self-enroll in the course here https://canvas.wisc.edu/enroll/KHYEWM.
- Alternatively, you can sign up at https://canvas.wisc.edu/register and use the following join code: KHYEWM
Once in the Canvas Mathlab site:
- Click on BBCollaborate Ultra on the left side bar. You will see the Mathlab course room icon at the top of the list of sessions.
- Click and join.
The fall back option is Piazza, if this does not work.
Mahtlab tutoring will be open starting September 9 through December 10, 2020.
Mathlab hours are Monday through Thursday 3:30 pm to 8:30 pm and Sunday 3:30 pm to 6:50 pm.