This is the page with specific information for Week 3 of our Algebraic Geometry Graduate Reading Course
Discussion Leader: Lalit
- For 9/15: Read & be prepared to discuss 2.6/3.1
- Hand in 6 written up problems
- For 9/17: Read & be prepared to discuss 3.2 and 3.3
- For 9/20: Read & be prepared to discuss 3.4
- Meeting with faculty: Bring questions from all of Chapter 3 covered so far and any additional questions about Abelian Categories.
6 problems due 9/13
2.6: Rohit's method: is there a way to use the fact that Hom(,M) is a left exact contravariant functor and Hom (A,M) = M, to show that left adjoints are right exact in A-mod?
Ed's crazy ring of functions: what is the union of ideals generated by subsequences? How about maximal ideals?
3.1: Geometric Interpretation of m/m^2 ?
- 3.4.O: "a epimorphism" should read "an epimorphism"