Basic Linux Seminar
From UW-Math Wiki
January 16, 2017 from 10am to 12pm, B107 Van Vleck
- . Connecting to a linux machine via ssh.
- .. Using SCP to move items from your machine to the server
- . Creating directories
- . Moving around your home directory
- . Moving items in your home directory (2 methods)
- . Listing items in your home directory
- Listing with command line options.
- . Permissions
- . Touch command.
- . Man command
- . Printing items in your home directory to a printer via command line
- . using lpq to see items in the print queue
- . using lprm to remove items in the print queue.
- . editing a file using nano
- . more about file editors.