Difference between revisions of "Matroids seminar/ideas"
From UW-Math Wiki
(Created page with "Looking to come talk at matroids seminar? Don't know what to talk about? Look no further! This page houses the world's finest selection of matroid-related talk ideas that we'd...")
Revision as of 15:15, 16 February 2019
Looking to come talk at matroids seminar? Don't know what to talk about? Look no further! This page houses the world's finest selection of matroid-related talk ideas that we'd like to hear. Feel free to pile on your own ideas.
- Kashyap, Navin; Soljanin, Emina; Vontobel, Pascal Applications of Matroid Theory & Combinatorial Optimization to Information and Coding theory
- Matroids in coding theory
- Matroids in combinatorial optimization
- Matroids in information theory
- The same set of authors wrote a series of three papers called “Log-Concave Polynomials I, II, & III”. In first two, they (lightly but crucially) apply results from Hodge Theory of Combo Geo & Botong and June Huh’s paper to develop new basis counting algorithms (I think this was a problem that Jose brought up at our first meeting). In the final one provides “a self-contained proof of Mason’s strongest conjecture”, a result that strengthens the log-concavity result of Hodge Theory for Combo Geo