Undergraduate Math Competition
The third annual
UW Madison Undergraduate Math Competition (2017)
with prizes for top performers!
- When? Wednesday, April 19th, 5:30-8pm
- Where? VV B309
- What? There will be seven problems from various areas of mathematics (such as algebra, number theory, calculus, combinatorics, and others). We would like it to be challenging, but probably easier than, say, the Virginia Tech competition, and much easier than the Putnam Exam. You can take a look at our Putnam Club page to see what type of problems we have in mind.
If you are interested in participating then please fill out the following short registration form; you will need to log in with you Wisc ID. (The registration is not actually required, but it would help us plan the event.)
If you have any questions, please contact Dima Arinkin.
The second UW Madison Undergraduate Math Competition took place on April 19th, 2016.
Problems: 2016 UW math competition
Results: 17 students took part in the competition. Congratulations to the winners:
- First place: Thomas Hameister
- Second Prize: Chenwei Ruan, Yongzhe Zhang
- Third Prize: Daotong Ge
The first (ever?) UW Madison Undergraduate Math Competition took place on April 22nd, 2015.
Problems: 2015 UW math competition
Results: 20 students took part in the competition. Congratulations to the winners:
- First place: Enkhzaya Enkhtaivan, Killian Kvalvik
- Honorable mention: Yida Ding, Thomas Hameister, Yan Chen