Students who need a background in algebra for calculus. It also serves students as a terminal course to fulfill their QR-A requirement.
Math 112 and Math 113 are equivalent to Math 114.
Students who plan to take Math 221 need to go into Math 113 (Trigonometry)
- Equations and inequalities
- Functions; composition of functions; inverse functions
- Maximum and minimum problems
- Exponential and logarithmic functions
- Compound interest, including continuous compounding
- Graphs of polynomials, rational functions, logarithms and exponentials
- Complex numbers
- Division of polynomials
- Remainder Theorem and Factor Theorem
- Systems of linear equations
- Nonlinear systems of equations